Westbrook Consulting is a full service engineering firm with two survey crews. Prior to the start of design we will carry out a topographic survey of the existing infrastructure and/or surface features of the land.
Features that Westbrook will survey include the following:
- Storm water infrastructure
- Sanitary sewer infrastructure
- Water distribution infrastructure
- Hydro/Tel infrastructure
- Roads, driveways, sidewalks and curbs and gutters
- Existing structures such as buildings and fences
- Trees and prominent bushes
- Water courses
- Rock outcrops
- Other topographic features of significance
The location and elevation data that is collected is downloaded into the design software to produce a base drawing, from which we use as the basis of our design. Topographic surveys are valuable in order to effectively plan a project and identify any constraints on the proposed works.
Westbrook Consulting also provides layout survey services. For more information please see the Construction Management page.
Please note Westbrook does not provide BC Land Survey services.