A.Sc.T / Project Manager
Ryan Deernsted is a project manager with Westbrook Consulting Ltd.
Ryan graduated from Algonquin College in 2005 with a Civil Engineering Technology diploma. He registered with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC) in 2011.
Ryan’s work history includes both municipal and private experience. He has been employed continuously in the engineering field in British Columbia since graduation and has been with Westbrook Consulting Ltd. since 2016.
Ryan is responsible for project management activities, such as providing coordination between clients, municipalities, utilities, and other consultants, scheduling and costing. Ryan also prepares design calculations, detailed design drafting, design reviews, preparation of tender documents and site inspections.
Outside of work Ryan enjoys spending time with his family, coaching his sons’ hockey and soccer teams, and relaxing at the lake with family in Ontario.
Ryan’s feature projects include the following:
- Island Highway Improvement Project, Town of View Royal – Project management, conceptual design and detailed design for improvements to the Island Highway, between Helmcken Road and Stormont Road.
- Sooke Lake Road Low Pressure Sewer, City of Langford – Detailed design, contract document preparation and contract administration services for the installation of a low pressure sewer system on Sooke Lake Road.
- McCallum Road Development, City of Langford – Project management and detailed design for the construction of Mr. Mikes Restaurant and two mixed-use commercial and residential apartment buildings.
- Eagle Creek Village, Town of View Royal – Project management and detailed design for the construction of two residential apartment buildings as part of Phase 2 of the Eagle Creek Village and for the design and construction of a trail through the adjacent parkland.
- The Woods, City of Colwood – Project management and detailed design for the construction of 31 townhouse units.