Civil Design Tech.
John Stein is a Civil Design Technician with Westbrook Consulting.
John has worked his way up with Westbrook Consulting from being a survey helper, to learning the ropes with the Total Station, and now designing using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
John has been responsible for many aspects of Westbrook’s work, from starting the preliminary survey, to designing and revising the plans, then construction survey, and finishing the job off with Record Drawings.
When he can, John enjoys hunting with his father, hiking the local trails, working on his car, and spending time with his friends and family.
Examples of engineering projects John has been involved with include:
- 9395 East Saanich Road, North Saanich - Detailed design for a 40 lot subdivision including the complete repaving of half a kilometer of East Saanich Road and Canora Road.
- McCallum Road Development, City of Langford – Detailed design and site servicing for two mixed-use commercial and residential buildings, townhomes and the Mr. Mikes Restaurant.
- Southpoint, City of Langford – Detailed design of a 68 unit townhouse development along Bear Mountain Parkway.
- Esquimalt Graving Dock (EGD) South Side Substation Replacement, District of Esquimalt – Detailed civil servicing design for the replacement of a substation for Public Works and Government Services Canada.
- The Piano, City of Langford - Detailed design for a mixed-density, 86 unit development along Happy Valley Road.