Ian Anderson is one of Westbrook Consulting's surveyors.
Ian has 16 years of engineering survey experience in both remote and urban settings. Ian gained some of this experience through work on projects for the Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of Forestry, Mining, Oil and Gas, Yukon Territory Government, and through land development projects throughout Western Canada prior to joining Westbrook Consulting Ltd. in 2010.
Ian is responsible for construction layout and field data collection, including preliminary topographic and “pick-up” survey, as well as “as-constructed” surveys.
In his spare time Ian enjoys any activities that have to do with the outdoors, as he is an excellent prospector. Ian also enjoys spending time out on the water while occasionally catching a fish.
Examples of projects Ian has been involved with include:
- Section 42, Otter Point District – Provided topographic survey for the restoration and future subdivision of 38.5 hectares of Section 42 in the Otter Point District.
- McCallum Road Development, City of Langford – Provided survey services for two mixed-use commercial and residential buildings, townhomes and a restaurant.
- Westshore Parkway Sewer Extension, City of Langford – Provided survey services for the earthworks required as part of a master plan to construct 1,700 m of sanitary sewer from Westshore Parkway to Happy Valley Road.
- Viewpointe Estates, District of Sooke – Provided topographic survey and construction layout for a multi-phase 50 acre development site that is currently under construction.
- Eaglehurst Subdivision, District of North Saanich – Provided topographic and construction layout survey for a 101 lot residential subdivision.