C.Tech. / Civil Designer
Phil Cerrer is a Civil Designer at Westbrook Consulting.
Phil graduated as a Civil Engineering Technician from Camosun College in 1999.
Since graduating, Phil has worked for consultants in Whistler and the Greater Victoria area. Phil has worked with several members of the Westbrook Consulting team since 2003 and has been with Westbrook since its inception in 2005.
At Westbrook, Phil is responsible for participating in the design of projects including residential, commercial, and industrial land development, as well as municipal infrastructure, including road works and underground servicing. Phil also assists the field staff as a relief surveyor / instrument man / inspector. He is the main point of contact between the field staff processes and procedures and the design staff design methods. Additionally, Phil also assists in quality control reviews of the designs.
Phil has a strong background of design, construction inspection and survey experience in both the land development and general municipal engineering fields.
In his spare time, Phil enjoys fishing, hiking, mountain biking and spending time with his family.
Examples of engineering projects Phil has been involved with include:
- Valley View Subdivision, City of Langford – Detailed design for a 160 unit subdivision.
- 931 Walfred Road, City of Langford – Detailed design for a 44 lot subdivision.
- University of Victoria CARSA Building, District of Saanich – Detailed design for 500 m of watermain upgrading for the University of Victoria’s Center for Athletics, Recreation and Special Abilities.
- Hatley Park Shopping Center Sewer Extension, City of Langford – Detailed design for a 300 m sanitary sewer extension on Sooke Road.
- Cassino Road, City of Duncan - Detailed design and inspection of an 82 lot subdivision in Duncan BC.
- Muir Creek, District of Sooke - Lot layout and road design for an 11 lot - 64 ha rural Subdivision west of Sooke BC.
- Summerstone, City of Langford - Detailed design for a 69 lot subdivision.
- University Center Sewer Retrofit, District of Saanich - Detailed design for a 163 m sewer main relocation at the University of Victoria.