A.Sc.T / Engineering Technologist
Ben Badke is Westbrook Consulting's Engineering Technologist.
Ben graduated with a Civil Engineering Technology diploma from Camosun College in 2008 and registered as an AScT with ASTTBC in 2014.
After graduation, Ben worked in various construction related positions before being hired by Westbrook as a design technologist in 2010. Ben also volunteers periodically with Engineering Ministries International as a Site Surveyor and Civil Designer, mainly in East Africa. Ben lived in Kampala, Uganda for 9 months over 2014-2015 where he was able to apply his civil engineering expertise to local small infrastructure.
At Westbrook Ben is responsible for the design of land development and site servicing projects, as well as municipal infrastructure projects. Ben uses AutoCAD Civil 3D for site grading and road corridor design and creates 3D modeling of the proposed site, roadway, and underground utilities design.
In his free time Ben enjoys hiking, climbing, and road and mountain biking projects.
Examples of engineering projects Ben has been involved in include:
- Belmont Place Apartments, City of Langford - Detailed design of site servicing and frontage works for three apartment buildings, totalling 222 units, located at 3130 Jacklin Road in Langford.
- South Ridge Plateau, City of Langford – Detailed design of multi-phase residential development located on Bear Mountain.
- Goldstream Avenue Sewer Extension, City of Langford – Detailed design of a 300m long gravity sewer main extension.
- Eaglehurst Subdivision, District of North Saanich – Detailed design of a 101-lot residential subdivision.
- Viewpointe Estates, District of Sooke – Detailed design of a multi-phase 50 acre development site that is currently under construction and zoned to be capable of containing 300 units of varying densities.